Friday, April 11, 2014

"Lord, what wilt thou have me to do ?" (Acts 9: 6)‏

Only 30 days to Mother's Day!! I felt that I should include this experience......In January this year, 
we had a zone conference, presided over by a general authority. He invited the 44 elders to ask questions. 
All the sister missionaries (currently 9) are assigned to Maputo for safety concerns. One of the very obedient
 elders asked a question that is often times felt by the good women in the Church.  His question was:
 "How can I know if I'm doing all that I should be doing ?" 
As I recall, there was some type of interruption (perhaps this was one of the many times the power went off) 
and his question was not fully answered. I sensed that I should speak to him at the earliest opportunity, to try 
and answer his question. As we broke for lunch, I was alone in the hallway with this good elder. I said to him: 
 "The answer to your question is that when you feel the Spirit present, this is Heavenly Father's way of telling 
you that you are doing everything He wants and there is not anything more you should be doing."
 He had tears in his eyes as he realized that he was already doing all that he should be doing. Two days after 
the meeting I received this text: "I have forgotten to fully thank you personally for the words you said to me at
 zone conference. They brought a much needed comfort and peace of mind. I cannot say how much that truly
 helped. Thank you" PMG, page 11 says:  "You can feel certain that the Lord is pleased when you feel the
 Spirit working through you." This is a great pattern for life. While we can always bake another dozen rolls 
or go more often to the temple or study the scriptures more or.....When we simply ensure that we have the 
Spirit working through us, we don't need to worry or feel guilty that we didn't do more. A common pitfall is 
when we compare the amount of our service to that of others. We either feel guilt or pride, neither of which 
pleases God. Our main concern should be, if we feel the Spirit working through us. Then we know that
 Heavenly Father is pleased and nothing else really matters. Therefore, we should ask: 
"Lord, what wilt thou have me to do ?" (Acts 9: 6) 
 

 Here is a photo of the truck that we use

Mom and Sister Kretly

Mom and a chameleon, aren't they beautiful ?

Trying to defend against the attack!

The Beira 2 elders

Mom teaching her English class
 
 
I Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment