Friday, November 28, 2014

"Live in Thanksgiving Daily" Alma 34:38


Last night, on Thanksgiving day, Mom and I were able to face time at Brooke and Joshua's home in Richmond. Additionally, Jason, Chad, Kalie and Chanelle were there!! What a blessing to be part of an eternal family!!

The words of the angel to King Benjamin are that "the natural man is an enemy to God,..and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ" (Mosiah 3:19)  

Korihor, did just the opposite when he "put off the Spirit of God that it may have no place in you;" (Alma 30:42) 


Know this, that ev’ry soul is free

To choose his life and what he’ll be;

For this eternal truth is giv’n:

That God will force no man to heav’n.

He’ll call, persuade, direct aright,

And bless with wisdom, love, and light,

In nameless ways be good and kind,

But never force the human mind.  
(Know This That Every Soul is Free, Hymn, 240)


Mike Murphy sent me an email a few days ago. He wrote:
"I feel like you do about the Sabbath. It is the best day of the week and I look forward to it. We are so blessed to me members of the church and have the Gospel in our lives. There was a time when I was younger that on new snow days on Sunday morning I wished I could allow myself to go skiing in that fresh powder but I long ago lost even that feeling. The Sabbath is truly a DELIGHT when it is lived the way Heavenly Father wants us to do it." (Email sent on Nov. 24, 2014)

What a simple and blessed life anyone can have, when we just heed the promptings of the Spirit. Things will always work out.

I love you,

Dad

Photos of the week.....

# 1  Mom's English class. The reward for attending twenty (20) classes is an English copy of the Book of Mormon.


# 2  Mom's English class on the final day!


# 3  Mom and her favorite seamstress Jonny!


# 4  Jonny's store. On Thursday, Nov. 27th,  when Mom went to have her dress altered one last time, she learned that next Monday he is moving to Nampula, a city about 15 hours away! 


# 5  Thanksgiving at the Hoffmanns!!

No comments:

Post a Comment