Saturday, December 21, 2013

"He knoweth all things, and there is not anything save he knows it." (2 Ne. 9:20)‏


On Saturday night December 14th, while we waited at Hotel Trivoli with the Dilles 1 1/2 hours for our dinner to arrive .......(you can read all about that experience on Trip Advisor under the initials KGS- :-) Mom and Sandi discussed the final details for the missionary portion of the Christmas fireside the following afternoon. I innocently asked who was responsible for broadcasting the First Presidency Christmas Devotional which was to occur prior to the missionary's singing.....After a few moments of silence, it appeared that no one had been assigned this task!

The zone leaders (Peckham & Martinez) left our apartment shortly after 10 PM as they started to download to a flash drive the devotional. Prior to going to be about 10:15 PM, I noticed that they had started to download the devotional in English. No problem, I cancelled this and started to download the Portuguese version and then went to bed.

Our download speed has been very slow for the past week. We pay for a speed of 6.0 and the speed has never been higher than 2.....I went to check on the result of the download at 4 AM Sunday but some type of error had occurred. I restarted the download and at 6:37 AM I sent this text to the Zone leaders: "The download was not completed...I have restarted it twice, the remaining time continues to increase, currently 3 hours 9 minutes remaining with 15% completed...suggestions ??"

After 30 minutes, when I had not heard from the Zone leaders, I offered this prayer: Heavenly Father, I know that thou knowest everything and can help with any problem. If it be thy will, please help me to complete this download. I began the download again, and it was completed in less than 10 minutes! I texted the Zone leaders: "Prayer works!!" 

Indeed, as Jacob said: " O how great the holiness of our God ! For he knoweth all things, and there is not anything save he knows it." (2 Ne. 9:20)

After the download was completed our speed has again returned to the previous slow speed....

Here is Mom leading choir!
 

 From left E. Schachterle playing the piano, Houston, Sorenson, Galland, Lynn, Ensaldo, Oryang, Lake, Mendes. 

 

These seven (7) men/young men from Dondo all received the Aaronic Priesthood and were ordained Priests on Sunday, December 15th!!  I explained to those present that Priests can stand in the circle and even act as voice when another priest is being ordained. The 16 year old on my left, accepted the invitation and immediately after he was ordained he ordained the next one called up!

Sure love you!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment